The Best Vegan Black Bean Brownies
Why Opt For Vegan Black Bean Brownies?
- They’re delicious – seriously SO chocolatey, moist, and sweet.
- They’re packed with nutrients like fiber, plant protein, and iron.
- They’re easy to make.
- You can totally justify eating them for breakfast!
I’m a big fan of nutritious treats (those that satisfy your sweet tooth and give you a nutritional boost). And yes, my recipes often involve beans. Who says beans are just meant for main dishes?! My Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies and Chocolate Tofu Mousse will have you thinking otherwise.
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (10g)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt (omit if beans or almond butter are salted)
- 1 tablespoon espresso ground coffee (can use decaf, optional)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add black beans to a food processor or high-speed blender, and process until smooth. If you don't have a food processor, you can mash with a fork.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the beans, and stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and ground coffee.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips, saving the other half to top the batter.
- Spread into a 9x9 glass or ceramic baking dish, and top with the remaining chocolate chips
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Looking for more vegan dessert ideas? Try these! >>
- Easy Vegan Apple Crisp
- Chocolate Coconut Nice Cream
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Zucchini Oat Bread
- Vegan Raspberry Cinnamon Rolls
PIN the post! >>
Weigh-in: Have you had any bean-filled desserts? Will you try these Vegan Black Bean Brownies?