3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Bars
These 3-ingredient peanut butter chocolate cereal bars are a breeze to whip up. And in addition to being incredibly tasty, they also give you a daily dose of whole grains!
Halloween is coming up quick and I’ve been hard at work creating healthier holiday snacks to share with you guys!
Rice Krispies treats were a favorite of mine growing up, so this year I decided to try a more nutritious (and flavorful) take on this popular crunchy dessert using the tasty new certified organic Love Crunch Cereal from Nature’s Path.
These bars require three simple ingredients: cereal, peanut butter, and a small amount of maple syrup.
You can use any cereal you like, but I chose to incorporate one that is not only scrumptious — hello, dark chocolate chunks — but also nutritious.
This whole grain cereal has 3 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein per serving, making it a much healthier option compared to Rice Krispies, which completely lacks belly-filling, cancer-fighting fiber and only has one gram of protein per serving.
My bars also incorporate a delicious source of monounsaturated fat thanks to the creamy peanut butter, and they derive sweetness from a hint of maple syrup, skipping the butter and marshmallows found in your classic cereal bar recipe.
This recipe couldn’t be simpler. The no-bake technique is great for kids, making it a no-brainer for an easy, tasty Halloween treat.
It’s also a great dessert for cereal-loving adults like my husband who told me, “this is the best thing you’ve ever made.”
To that, I replied, “Well, it’s pretty much the easiest thing I’ve ever made and all the credit goes to the delicious cereal, but thank you for the compliment, I guess?”
Ready to try this super simple recipe yourself? Let’s get crunchin!
- 1 box cereal of choice (I used Love Crunch Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Warm peanut butter and maple syrup together in a medium-sized pot over low heat, or heat in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir until liquid is smooth.
- Add cereal to the liquid and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and add mixture, pressing into the bottom of the dish.
- Option to add melted chocolate drizzle by warming chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave together for about 30-40 seconds, mixing, then drizzling over the bars.
- Chill in the refrigerator or freezer for about 2 hours.
- Slice bars and serve immediately.
Bars are crumbly - eat with a napkin!
Looking for more healthy Halloween recipes? Try these! >>
PIN the recipe for later! >>
Weigh In: What are your favorite Halloween treats? Have you made cereal bars before?
*This post is sponsored by Nature’s Path but all opinions are my own. I thank you for supporting brand partnerships that keep this blog in business.