Vegan Tofu Egg Sandwich
This tofu “egg” sandwich recipe is delicious and takes less than 10 minutes, making it the perfect on-the-go breakfast.
During one of our weekly outings to the Sunday farmer’s market, I saw a sign for vegan egg sandwiches, and I had to try one.
Though I don’t buy vegan eggs often, tofu is one of my go-tos, so I wanted to see what I could do with a tofu “egg” sandwich. Plus, my husband loves egg sandwiches.
Today, I’m sharing my Vegan Tofu “Egg” Sandwich recipe that comes together in less than 10 minutes!
And for those of you who are still fearful of the innocent soybean, checkout my video on Soy and Cancer.
For this recipe, I seasoned tofu, threw it on a pan, and sandwiched it inside an English muffin – simple as that!
You can use any toppings you’d like, but my favorites are fresh spinach, tomato, avocado, and some ketchup.
Because the recipe makes multiple tofu patties, you can also make this recipe ahead of time and heat it up when you’re ready to enjoy.
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- pinch of salt
- English muffin
- other desired toppings
- Drain the tofu and use a towel to squeeze out excess liquid.
- Cut in half width-wise then split into 6 rectangles and dry a little more.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, and salt. Add tofu to the sauce.*
- Bake tofu in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes OR cook stovetop over medium/high heat with more olive oil for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add to a toasted English muffin with desired toppings, and enjoy!
PIN the post! >>
Looking for another simple, delicious, vegan sandwich? Try my TLT Sandwich – tempeh, lettuce, and tomato!
Weigh in: What is one breakfast dish you can’t live without? Will you try this vegan tofu egg sandwich?