5-Ingredient No-Bake Bars
Traveling for the holidays? Pack these scrumptious 5-Ingredient No-Bake Bars made with DOLE® Pitted Dates and Seedless Raisins for healthy snacking on the go!
I can’t believe it’s already Christmas! Where has the year gone?! I suppose when you’re immersed in newborn land time goes by really slowly and really fast at the same time.
This holiday will be extra special with the addition of two new members of the family — my son Caleb and nephew Hudson, who turns one year old two days before Christmas.
We’re headed to my hometown next week to celebrate and I’m so excited that I’ve already started packing. Well, that — and the fact that it takes a lot more time to prepare when you’ve got a little one to think of. In addition to the mountain of baby gear I’m bringing, I’ll also be packing healthy snacks for the hubs and I.
Though airports are getting better with offering healthy options, I like to have my own snacks on hand when I travel. You never know if you’re going to have time to grab food for your flight or if you’re going to have a major blow-out crisis just minutes before boarding.
These 5-Ingredient No-Bake Bars are a great travel snack. They’re made with a nutritious combination of fiber-rich rolled oats and fruit, protein-packed peanut butter, and heart-healthy fat-containing walnuts.
DOLE® is committed to hunger relief and donates 1.5 million pounds of healthy food each year to support families in need through school drives, product donations, employee volunteerism, and partnerships like this one.
This recipe was inspired by foods frequently found at food banks, like pitted dates and seedless raisins, and is designed to make a lot with a little.
I adapted the recipe a bit, swapping almonds for walnuts (since that’s what I had on hand). The beauty of this recipe is it’s easily adaptable. You can use any nuts you like and swap peanut butter for another nut butter if you prefer.
- 1 cup DOLE® Whole Pitted Dates
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or chopped walnuts)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup DOLE® Seedless Raisins
- 1-1/3 cups peanut butter
- Line 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Place dates in food processor, pulse until chopped and forms a ball.
- Place almonds or walnuts in a medium skillet, over medium heat, cook, stirring constantly until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat, cool, slightly and coarsely chop almonds. Add oats to same skillet, cook, stirring constantly until lightly toasted.
- Stir together, pureed dates, almonds, oats and raisins in large bowl.
- Spoon peanut butter into a microwavable bowl, heat on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted and pourable. Pour peanut butter over date mixture and mixed until completely coated.
- Spread peanut date mixture evenly into prepared baking pan. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars. Store in airtight container.
PIN the post! >>
Wishing you all safe travels this holiday season!
Weigh in: Are you headed anywhere for the holidays? Will you try these 5-ingredient no-bake energy bars?