Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles
These vegan gluten-free waffles are so easy to make. All you need is eight simple ingredients and about 10 minutes to enjoy this tasty, healthy breakfast!
No joke, I eat these vegan gluten-free waffles about 3-4 times a week. They take a mere 10 minutes to make and are so simple, healthy and delicious!
The recipe is just so darn easy that I had to make a video to prove it.
These vegan gluten-free waffles are made with eight simple ingredients – mainly oat flour, non-dairy milk, mashed banana and chia eggs. You can buy your oat flour already ground or grind it yourself in a high-powered blender or food processor.
I love this recipe because it is easily adaptable for any dietary needs. You can use any non-dairy milk you like — coconut, soy, almond, oat, etc. — and any “egg” you like — chia, flax, or the real thing. I prefer soy milk for added plant-based protein and I usually do a mix of both flax and chia eggs.
My favorite toppings are peanut butter, maple syrup, and bananas, but again, the sky is the limit here. You can add vegan butter, jam, coconut flakes, more seeds, berries, etc.
Between the oat flour, soy milk, and chia eggs, these waffles provide a great mix of complex carbohydrates, protein, and fat, making them an excellent choice to fuel your morning.
Think soy is bad? Think again! Check out my video The Truth About Soy and Cancer >>
- 1½ cups oat flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds + 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 medium mashed banana
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds with warm water. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients, including "chia egg" in another bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Cook according to waffle iron instructions, about 3-5 minutes.
PIN the recipe! >>
Weigh-in: Will you try these vegan gluten-free waffles? What are your favorite waffle toppings?