Mango Edamame Quinoa Salad
This delicious mango edamame quinoa salad features fresh mango and cool, crunchy edamame tossed with quinoa and baked tofu and dressed in a sweet peanut sauce. Makes for a great side or main dish!
I’m a big fan of sweet salads — a fruity burst mid crunch just makes a salad so much more exciting.
That’s why this mango and edamame-filled quinoa creation is right up my alley. The sweet, tangy summer fruit adds an unexpected but amazing flavor to this otherwise savory salad.
I came up with this combo while looking to use up some leftover quinoa from my weekly meal prep. I thought a salad would be a great idea, but I realized I had no greens on hand. No problem — I had a bag of frozen edamame and a mango that was prime for the peeling.
This tasty summer salad is perfect for potlucks and BBQs.
It makes for a wonderfully balanced meal with a hearty dose of plant-protein from the tofu, edamame, and quinoa and is full of healthy fat from the yummy peanut sauce and avocado.
It holds up well in the fridge so you can prep it at the beginning of the week for easy, healthy lunches.
Give it a try this summer and let me know what you think!
- 1 package extra firm tofu*
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked*
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- black sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter or powdered peanut butter
- 1½ tablespoons organic sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain tofu and cut into one-inch cubes. Place on a baking sheet covered in paper towels and place another paper towel on top. Let cubes sit for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place tofu on a greased baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, and bake for 25 minutes.
- While tofu cooks, prepare the sauce by whisking all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once tofu has baked and cooled, toss with remaining ingredients.
*You can prep the tofu and quinoa in advance and add the mango and avocado right before you're about to serve.
Feel free to replace the quinoa with another grain of your choice. Brown rice, farro, or wheat berries would work great too.
You can also add other veggies if you like or sub the mango for another fruit like pineapple!
Looking for more healthy summer salads? Try these! >>
PIN the recipe! >>
Weigh in: Will you try this mango edamame quinoa salad? Do you like fruit in your salads?