Strawberry Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
A plant-based protein-packed breakfast bowl made with warm, creamy coconut quinoa and sweetened naturally with fresh strawberries.
*This post is sponsored by Burt’s Bees™ but all opinions are my own.
In case you hadn’t heard, quinoa isn’t just for side salads.
This super grain is stealing the show lately, bringing its plant-based protein power to center stage as the base in warm, hearty breakfast bowls.
Cooked in sweet, creamy, coconut milk and swirled with fresh strawberries, cinnamon and vanilla, this coconut quinoa breakfast bowl tastes similar to traditional oatmeal but packs about two grams more protein per serving.
To add even more plant power, I’ve incorporated Burt’s Bees™ new Protein +Healthy Radiance. It has 15 grams of plant-based protein per serving, 3 grams of fiber, and added vitamins and minerals. Plus, it’s really tasty!
The protein and fiber, combined with healthy fat from the coconut milk, give this breakfast bowl major staying power. Both fiber and fat slow digestion so that nutrients are released slowly into the body, giving you sustained energy for hours after a meal. Meanwhile, the protein helps to provide lingering satiety, so you won’t be starving again come mid-morning.
While I like my coconut quinoa hot, you can also enjoy it cold. Or, if you want to make a big batch for the week, you can warm it up again on the stove by just adding a splash of milk.
This quinoa breakfast bowl can be easily adapted to incorporate other fruit flavors. Simply swap strawberries for favorites like peaches, blueberries, or bananas.
This recipe is both gluten-free and dairy-free, so it fits with most diets.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 scoop Burts Bees Protein +Healthy Radiance Vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- shredded coconut
- sliced strawberries
- peanut butter
- Add quinoa and 2 cups of coconut milk to a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 12-15 minutes, until liquid has absorbed.
- In a blender, puree strawberries, vanilla, and remaining cup of coconut milk.
- Keeping the saucepan over low heat, stir strawberry puree, protein powder, coconut shreds, and cinnamon into the quinoa. Cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with toppings.
Want more healthy breakfast bowl recipes? Try these:
PIN the recipe for these Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowls >>
Weigh In: Have you tried coconut quinoa before?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burt’s Bees. The opinions and text are all mine.