Allergy-Free Vegan Waffles
Light, crispy, and delicious vegan Belgian waffles. These allergy-free waffles are perfect for anyone suffering from any of the most common food allergies or intolerances – no wheat, no eggs, no nuts, no dairy!
Whether food allergies and intolerances are actually increasing or we’ve simply become better at diagnosing them is a hotly debated topic. That, and the validity of some intolerances all together. However, I’m not here to argue either of those issues.
Frankly, I don’t think we know enough about them yet – and I certainly don’t know enough.
What I do know is how to make a bomb “allergy-free” vegan Belgian waffle.
This recipe is an adaptation of my favorite gluten-free banana Belgian waffles and vegan pumpkin waffles. It’s egg-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and gluten-free. It’s perfect for vegans, vegetarians, and gluten or lactose avoiders.
Thankfully, I don’t suffer from any of these allergies/intolerances (clearly given the obscene amount of peanut butter I drenched these waffles in) but I know that some of my readers do, and I wanted to create something everyone can enjoy.
Got guests in town for the weekend? These waffles make it easy to cater to diverse dietary needs. The only person who wouldn’t enjoy these waffles would be someone who simply dislikes Belgian waffles, but I’m fairly certain that kind of person doesn’t exist.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (or ground flax seeds)
- 1½ cups oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup pureed fruit of choice*
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- coconut oil for cooking
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds with 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- Whisk all dry ingredient together in a large bowl.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in another bowl. Stir in "chia or flax egg."
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until just incorporated.
- Lightly grease waffle iron and cook according to directions.
Pin this recipe >>
Weigh in: Do you have a food allergy or intolerance?