Souper Simple: Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup
Sorry for the lame pun, but I can’t help it.
This Roasted Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup recipe is super, souper simple.
You can really replicate this recipe with any vegetable you like.
All you have to do is roast your veggies, then puree them with some vegetable stock and spices.
- 2 C. Butternut Squash, cubed
- 2 C. Sweet Potato, cubed
- 2 C. Low-Sodium Vegetable Stock
- ¼ Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 T. + 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Set oven to 400.
- Toss cubed butternut squash & sweet potato with oil.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Saute onion and garlic in a pan with 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Once slightly cooled, combine all the vegetables with the remaining ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor.
- If necessary, pour soup in a pot to warm before serving.
Soup is like the green juice of the winter. It’s a great way to pack a ton of veggies into one meal.
It’s also a major time saver. You can make a huge batch on Sunday night to last you the whole week. Pair it with crackers for a snack or with lean protein for a full meal.
Some tasty topping ideas for this soup: red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese or a dollop of plain greek yogurt.
Have a great week!