DIY: Super Cute & Spooky Bat Garland
What’s up folks, it’s Cheap Trick Tuesday!
Last week I was perusing my favorite gift shop, The Paper Source, enviously eying all their adorable Halloween decorations and wishing I could buy them all to pimp my house like Paris Hilton when I thought…who in their right mind would spend $20 a strand on paper bats?!
That’s when I realized, I could totally make these. Paper Source doesn’t hold the monopoly on super cute, spooky bats.
So I grabbed some supplies from CVS and got to crafting.
The BF thought I’d gone a little cray, cray when he came home from work and saw me sitting in a pile of paper scraps with my bedazzled scissors, grinning maniacally like Martha Stewart at Michaels.
The crafting insanity was worth it though, when I saw the finished product. Super cute, spooky bats for under $5!
You can use this method for any type of garland you’d like to make. Just buy orange paper for a pumpkin, white for a ghost, you get it.
DIY Super Cute Spooky Bat Garland
A Black Poster Board
A Hole Puncher
1. Find a cute bat image online and print it out.
2. Cut out the bat.
3. Trace the bat on the black poster board, about 12 times.
4. Cut out the bats.
5. Punch holes in the bats eyes.
6. String up the bats with your twine, tying each one behind the eyes to keep it in place.
7. Hang the bats and admire your handiwork!