FFF: 5 Things To Do with PB2
Happy Friday everyone! Hope your week has gone swimmingly. I’ve decided to start a new series, Five For Friday, or FFF.
There are always products or ingredients out there that I want to try, but I don’t know what I would use them for. There are also a ton of things I use all the time, but always the same way. So I thought, why not come up with a weekly roundup of five fresh ideas for different products. And readers, that would be you, can weigh in below with more ideas, creating an ongoing list of awesome things to try with our favorite foods.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
This week I am highlighting the fantabulous product, PB2.
PB2 is a peanut butter substitute made from dehydrated peanuts. It comes in powder form and is basically just peanuts without oil.
The benefit is that it only has 45 calories for 2 tablespoons, while normal peanut butter has 210 calories. It also has no saturated fat, but still packs 5 grams of protein. You mix it with a little water to get a peanut butter like texture that you can spread, drizzle or just drip down your throat.
I used PB2 in the past but forgot about it after finding a lack of things to use it for.
That, and I am obsessed with regular peanut butter. But this week my boyfriend returned home from a trip with his family bearing gifts. His mom (thanks Donna!) sent me a bunch of her favorite diet products, PB2 being one of them. This one was the chocolate version though.
I was so excited to try it out again (as you can see I opened the package like a 2nd grader opens a birthday present), and began racking my brain for things I would like to slather with chocolate peanut butter. Here’s what I came up with…
5 Things To Do with PB2
- Swap it for jelly, butter, or regular peanut butter on toast, English muffins, etc. Ok, so that’s an obvious one…but it’s the best.
- Toss it in a protein shake with frozen bananas and almond milk. I love peanut butter smoothies but it takes like 3 tablespoons to even taste the PB and with regular PB, that will add like 300 calories to your shake. No bueno. With PB2, you’ll only be adding about 65. Sweet deal.
- Make frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Pops! Simply combine half PB2 with half water and dip chopped bananas in it.
Coat them and then lay on a plate covered in wax paper.
Freeze for 2-3 hours. Serve at your next summer party and be the belle of the BBQ.
- Add it to Banana Froyo to make a new flavor.
- Drizzle it over your morning oatmeal. Add banana slices, chia seeds, and whatever else floats your boat.
You can buy PB2 online or at various health food stores.
*This is by no means an advertisement for PB2, I have no affiliation with the company.